Connect with us

Entertainment

Samay Raina Issues Apology for India’s Got Latent: “I’m Struggling with My Mental Health”

Published

on

Comedian Samay Raina has spoken out regarding the controversy surrounding his reality show, India’s Got Latent. In a formal statement, he expressed remorse for the events that transpired, acknowledging his missteps and committing to exercise greater caution moving forward.
“I will be more vigilant in the future to prevent a recurrence of this situation. This entire ordeal has significantly impacted my mental well-being, and my recent Canada tour also did not go as planned. I sincerely apologize for my comments; I recognize that they were inappropriate,” Raina conveyed in his statement to authorities.

His apology follows significant backlash ignited by podcaster Ranveer Allahbadia’s controversial remarks on Raina’s YouTube show. Allahbadia’s shocking statement—”Would you rather watch your parents having sex or join them once and end it forever?”—went viral, leading to widespread outrage on social media.

The response was swift, with numerous police complaints filed in Mumbai and Guwahati against Allahbadia and others associated with the show. Investigations are ongoing, with the Mumbai Police and cyber cell looking into the matter separately. The controversy, which gained traction last month, continues to be a hot topic, especially in light of recent social unrest related to the film ‘Chhaava.’

Adding to Raina’s difficulties, he has postponed his upcoming India tour due to the fallout from the controversy. In an update on his Instagram Stories, he reassured fans that ticket refunds would be processed shortly.
“Hi everyone, I’m rescheduling my India tour. You will all receive your refunds soon. Looking forward to seeing you soon!” he shared.

Also Read: Kunal Kamra issues statement: “I will not apologise”

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Fans’ Favorite Title Likely Finalized for Jr NTR-Prashanth Neel Film

Published

on

Film: The makers of the upcoming film starring Jr NTR and directed by Prashanth Neel are likely to finalize the title “Dragon” for the movie. Interestingly, this is the same name that fans have been calling the project for a long time.

A major update from the film team is expected on May 20, the birthday of Jr NTR. The makers are planning to release a special glimpse teaser on that day.

A censor application linked to the teaser has reportedly leaked on social media. In the document, the movie’s title was mentioned as “Dragon,” which has now increased speculation about the official title.

The leaked document has created huge excitement among fans. Many fans are happy that the makers may have chosen the same title that fans suggested for the film.

The teaser duration has also grabbed attention. Reports say the teaser will have a runtime of 4 minutes and 35 seconds.

The movie is being made on a huge budget and is expected to be a high-voltage action entertainer. The shooting began nearly a year ago, but reports suggest the project may need another year for completion.

Advertisement

READ MORE :Elderly Woman Murdered and Robbed in Indonesia

The film is being produced by Mythri Movie Makers. Reports also claim that the movie is being planned in two parts, with both parts being shot simultaneously by Prashanth Neel.

Kannada actress Rukmini Vasanth is playing the female lead in the film. The movie is expected to release around August next year. The official teaser will be released on May 20.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Actor Jayam Ravi Breaks Down Over Divorce Dispute

Published

on

Film : Jayam Ravi has spoken emotionally about his ongoing family dispute and divorce case with his wife Aarti. The actor said he will not act in any films until the divorce process is completed.

Speaking at a press conference in Chennai, Jayam Ravi said he remained silent for a long time because he did not want to speak badly about his wife. However, he claimed that false accusations were now being made against him, and he could no longer stay quiet.

The actor said he was not allowed to meet his two children. He added that he had been paying their school fees for the last eight years and had spent nearly Rs 50 lakh on their education and care. He said people were questioning his love for his children without understanding his side of the story.

Jayam Ravi also claimed that his children were being sent to school with bodyguards, which he said made him uncomfortable. He stated that he had sacrificed many things for his family and had always worked for his wife and children.

The actor revealed that he does not even have a personal bank account and that all his earnings were kept in joint accounts with his wife. He alleged that his wife questioned every expense he made. Jayam Ravi said he married Aarti despite opposition from his parents and now regrets that decision.

Advertisement

During the emotional interaction, the actor broke down in tears and said he had suffered mentally because of the situation. He also claimed that he had harmed himself while dealing with emotional pain.

READ MORE:Union Ministers Son Surrenders in Minor Harassment Case

Reports suggest that the divorce dispute began after allegations about Jayam Ravi’s friendship with singer Kenisha. It is also reported that Aarti has sought a monthly compensation of Rs 40 lakh. The matter is currently before the court and has not yet been resolved.

Jayam Ravi also expressed anger against people whom he blamed for damaging his personal life and relationships.

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Deepika Padukone hit director Rohit Shetty in Set Goes Viral

Published

on

Film: Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone is once again in the news after an old video from the sets of the movie Chennai Express went viral on social media.

During the shooting of the film, Deepika was seen hitting director Rohit Shetty on the head with a bottle. The scene surprised people on the set as the bottle broke and fake blood was seen flowing from Rohit Shetty’s head.

READ MORE:Fuel Prices Hiked by Rs.3 per Litre across India

However, the incident was only a fun moment and not a real fight. The bottle used in the video was a special “sugar bottle” used in movies and stunt scenes to prevent injuries.

The film, starring Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone, was released in 2013 and became a blockbuster hit. Meanwhile, Deepika continues to work on several major film projects.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending